Wednesday 6 February 2013

Cheap As Sausages!

We had sausages, mash and beans tonight (or sausages, noodles and raw carrot for Ayse lol). We already had everything barr the sausages so only had to spend £1.22 on two packs of Tesco value sausages for the four of us. I would say definitely less that £1 a head for dinner tonight, including cooking fuel. (Not my photo, just one from the www)

Mike's diesel consumption for last month was £225!!! More than double the last month's cost. So we definitely have to cut back on food cost this month. We have taken some chicken breasts out of the freezer to defrost overnight and we will use them tomorrow along with pasta, pesto, mushroom soup as a sauce and mushrooms (I think). Yum!

Got my Mum coming over this weekend to see us before we go to Sweden. Will be great to see her, she's only 45 mins by car away but I still don't get to see her as much as I used to, which is a shame. When we're millionaires, I plan on buying us both somewhere very close :oD or she can have a granny annex in our mansion lol. Ooh if I were a millionaire, I'd buy a house here in the UK, one in Sweden, actually one anywhere I fancied... It would be awesome! And I could go anywhere I pleased and just immerse myself in their language and culture without any financial worries... It would be awesome. I would definitely do some charity work too and help people recover from natural disasters and the such. Help them rebuild their lives. Do you hear that PTB, I would be good for the world if I had millions of £! Next time you're dishing out the 6 zeros, keep me in mind lol. On a similar note; if I ruled the world....

So, anyone want to share one of their cheapy meal ideas which you have to help keep costs down?

Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment