Tuesday 5 February 2013

No Spend Day - ish!

All I spent today was postage. 1) sending the cross stitch off, p&p to be refunded. 2) sending off something I sold on ebay - p&p cost already received. 3) sending back an item I bought off ebay as they sent me thermal leggings instead of a thermal vest! P&p should be refunded! Fingers crossed I don't have any more problems with this seller.

Frugal tip (and common sense tip!)
Read the feedback!!!
I was stupid and didn't read it. Having problems. 'Nuff said.

I was gunna have an exchange but instead I'm gunna get my money back (hopefully!) and borrow my friends thermals she took with her when she went skiing.

I finally met up with her (plus bf and bro!) yesterday. Was lovely seeing her again but I didn't really enjoy her talking about how much money spending activities she was doing and trying to get me to spend money too. She was suggesting we all went out for dinner for my birthday - only £25 for a 3 course meal and entertainment. Now, in theory that is a very good price for what you do get. But when there's two of you and the price doubles to £50... OUCH!!! Sorry but sofa and jammies it is. Maybe push the boat out and cook a special meal for £10 at home instead. £50 is soooo much money. That's a big chunk towards a holiday or debt repayment!

Anyway, reluctantly spent £1.60 on a cuppa tea and £1 on a Galaxy caramel bar of chocolate but the rest I spent was on bits for Sweden and semi necessities - travel size plastic bottles to decant shower gel, shampoo etc (not gunna buy full travel size bottles! Pah! Bought 2 sets from Poundland - £2. 200 Muffin cases £1. Set of 2 Microwave "lids" to put over your plated food when reheating rather than using copious amounts of clingfilm £1 (been wanting some for a while and finally found some in Poundland). Paracetamol etc just in case for Sweden. Plastic tubs for freezing leftovers. My friend bought a pair of boots in the sale £5 (a bargain if I needed some new boots for sure! Very proud of myself for not even looking at any :oD ) pair of sunglasses £3 and some rings £2.I found myself wondering why she was buying them, thinking does she really need them? Lol. Some people might see it as quite sad, but I don't care. I see it as keeping my money for more important things and keeping that space free in the house. I still reckon we need to declutter more.

I'm feeling rather smug with myself coz I didn't even feel the need to browse and look for things to buy. I'm learning that I don't need to buy anything like more clothes, shoes, jewellery etc.

Things currently (still!!) on my "To Buy List"
Teapot
Pyrex dishes especially rectangular for lasagne
Cloth napkins
Decent tea towels (we have plenty still usable but not a very nice colour due to a black towel running when we washed them - oops! These can wait until we see some decent ones cheap or get as gifts)
Hankies (must try and stop my tissue habit lol)

I don't think there's really anything else I need or want and all of them can wait until I find them cheap or in the charity shop. We can still make tea without a teapot, still make lasagne - just can't bulk make, we have 6 napkins from Christmas, tea towels are still usable and we have some hankies. It feels so good to not feel dependant on buying things :oD I love it!!! I strongly urge you to try it, even if just for a month :oD be sure to let me know how it goes!

Ooh had a major clean in the kitchen today!!! It felt gooood!! And hopefully worked off that Galaxy I got yesterday lol! Sorted out all the recycling :o) again, it felt gooood! Lol :o) had a mini sort out of the lounge - it's a work in progress lol :-p I think I wanna get stuck into our bedroom again. There are always clothes to be put away! Sigh, perhaps I shud just walk around starkers... Naaah wouldn't wanna scare the postman! Hehe. On that rather creepy and scary note, I shall say good bye and give you hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment