Wednesday 19 December 2012

A 70p French Baguette For £7.45???

Yep I went to Tesco to get some French bread for dinner to go with the homemade chicken soup (smells gooood!) and I remembered my step-son had run out of shower gel, then we used our last compostable scraps bin bag last night so I had to get them too. Saw loads of Worcester Sauce flavour (my fave!) Walkers Grab Bags reduced from 73p to 37p so I bought two - I don't often have crisps so it's a nice treat for me :oD remembered I had wanted to buy some j cloths and then I was browsing the frozen isle and saw they did value breaded scampi so bought a couple packs of them.

Baguette - 70p
Value shower gel - 30p (smells amazing!! Kinda melon-y smell)
Bin bags - £2.85 for 20 (must find cheaper!!!)
Value j cloths - 36p (I don't know if that's they're real name but it's what my Mum calls them so... They're the ones with (usually) blue criss cross pattern, for cleaning)
Value scampi bites x2 - £1.25 each
Crisps x2 - 37p each

Total - £7.45

Would have been under a fiver had it not been for them bin bags!!! Grrr!!!

So far since Monday - Food only - £27.40      Household - £3.51

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, just a quick thank you for becoming a follower of my blog. I've read yours from the beginning. Good luck on your frugal journey.
    Love from Mum
    xx
    PS Do you need compost bags - I use empty cardboard boxes or empty flour bags to put veg scraps in and then I chuck it all in the compost bin. If your waste goes in the council bin why not just collect it in a bowl and then tip it in the bin.
    Just a thought.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mum,
    You didn't have confuse me when I saw a comment from Mum lol! I'm loving all your crochet bits and pieces :o)

    I thought about not using bags in the scraps bin as the council say it's not essential, but as it's not just veg peelings etc but also left over sauce and pasta, things like that, I didn't want to have to go through the continuous hassle of cleaning both bins every week (I have enough trouble cleaning the house lol). I would looove to have a compost bin to put the peelings in. That's on my "one day" list lol, along with chickens! :oD

    Thank you for posting my first comment :o) I look forward to keeping track of your news, especially the crocheted items - I loved the sheep granny square :oD so cute!

    Hugs xx

    Not sure if everyone has a "scraps bin" provided by the council so I'll explain for anyone who hasn't got one. We have two scraps bins. A small one for the kitchen to put your left over food items in, then these go into an slightly bigger one which gets left out with the regular bins for a weekly collection. There's a decomposing bag in the kitchen scraps bin, we tie it up and put into the largerbin outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, you didn't HALF confuse me lol xx

    ReplyDelete