Tuesday 18 December 2012

Week one

Just a quick post to note how much we spent at Tesco yesterday: £15.91. This was food for two main meals, stocking up on a couple of tinned items and some loo rolls lol.

Had a yummy homemade lasagne last night followed by a yummy apple crumble (scooping away from the burnt edges - oops!). I had my daughter help prepare both meals and it worked - she now likes apple crumble and she said the lasagne was the best she'd ever had :oD awesome!! I think I'm gunna have to pull out the cheapy old fashioned English puddings recipes and make things like Jam Roly Poly and Spotted Dick. Maybe even ask my Mum to copy out her recipes for me... Eeee I do love my Mum! 

Only need to buy some ham for packed lunches today. We're having chicken wings, tinned potatoes - roasted and carrots tonight and I intend on making chicken soup with the bones - YUM!! :o) so that will be tomorrow nights dinner sorted :o) I'll just buy some french bread to go with it which is 70p I believe. I looove cheap meals :o)

Bought a few more xmas prezzies yesterday - yey! And saved £4 on them too which is awesome! I wanted to go to Aldi but I was exhausted, in pain and didn't have any more room in my granny trolley anyway lol. I think I will go in on Thursday tho... Definitely not tomorrow as I wanna be home to enjoy the yummy smell of chicken soup cooking hehe :-p ooh mustn't forget to buy some more beef oxo cubes - they have money off their packs of 24 in Tesco at the mo' :oD love it!

Yesterdays food cost: £15.91


No comments:

Post a Comment