Thursday 13 December 2012

Dinner Today - FREE!!

Well... Not entirely free, but it was battered fish / breaded chicken and chips from the freezer and baked beans from the cupboard so I didn't go to Tesco today and I spent the grand total of... £0!! Yippee! Altho I did send Mike to Tesco to buy a 5kg bag of sugar (saving 50p when you don't buy the equivalent in 5 x 1kg bags) and some milk. Both of these are general staples so no splurging on extravagant items today :o) Altho he did buy me some chicken noodle soup as I wasn't feeling too well (a stupid cold that can't make up its mind whether it's staying or going!) but my daughter, Ayse, loooves it so I'm sure they won't get wasted! And I believe he saved another 50p when buying two boxes of them (cupasoups). So that's what we had for lunch with a couple slices of bread. Not sure what to have for dinner tomorrow. Maybe Spag Neo (spaghetti neopolitana / home made tomato pasta sauce with spaghetti) that's nice and cheap and I think we have all the ingredients already so hopefully another £0 dinner :o) I might suggest he makes extra sauce so we can freeze some for those days when we just cba to cook. If we still have plenty of apples in the fridge, I might make some apple crumble (yum!!) for pudding. I don't think I've managed to get Ayse to try it yet and as she's now 13 it might be an even harder task! I'll get her to help make it so perhaps she might be more interested if she knows there's nothing in there that she doesn't actually like... Yes, it's a plan... Assuming the apples are still in the fridge of course! I shall be sure to upload a piccie :o)

Did a price mini comparison between Tesco and Sainsbury's today too. Their value/basics range of tinned items - tomatoes, kidney beans were the same price but if you want peas, I think Tesco was sooo much cheaper! So definitely worth an online check before you do your shopping. Altho weighing up petrol costs if driving need to be taken into consideration, no good saving £3 on food if you end up spending an extra £5 on getting to other supermarkets! I intend to walk, Tesco is just around the corner and Sainsbury's is in town and about 40 mins walk away. There is an aldi but I need to research more of where abouts it is before I venture out on my own lol!

So there's my round-up of day 1 :o) hopefully tomorrow will be even cheaper! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment