Sunday 16 December 2012

Two Days, Two Trees

Yep, yesterday we put up our tree and today we put up Mike's Mum's tree. This year ours is pink, purple, black and white! I had bought some purple tinsel from Primark and was gunna do purple and black, totally forgetting that I had bought some pink stuff in the sales after last christmas... So I decided to chuck both on the tree! Plus some skull and crossbones tinsel that Poundland was selling over halloween!
It's one Mike put up on Facebook and he didn't take a shot with the star included lol, but it's a very nice star, sparkly black swirly metalwork with pink gems.

I have decided I will NOT buy any more xmas decs as I am trying to save money and quite frankly we could decorate several trees with the different colour variations we currently have so... No more decs for us.

I had to put a stop to Mike wanting to buy more kitchen appliances (ha has a penchant for tv shopping!!!). He said it would save us money and you have to speculate to accumulate. I just told him he speculates too much! He laughed, so all was good :o) I think I will have to give him homework - reading up on saving money and being frugal, coz he doesn't quite get it all yet.

Off into town tomorrow to do the first week of budget shopping without interference from Mike's input. I'm gunna do lasagne and only need to buy mince for that, and as I will have tho oven on I will do the apple crumble for pudding too. I need to buy a few more xmas prezzies so I really hope it's not busy in town! I hate fighting through people and queueing, sooo not fun! I'm gunna meet up with a friend too which will be nice and am hoping she can steer me to Aldi lol! We've been decluttering too so I'm gunna offload a big pair of boots to a friend also :oD yey space! I will be taking my granny trolley tomorrow hehe :-p I want to jazz it up for xmas tho... Hmmm... I probably won't, but it was a nice idea all the same...

So, £20 for a family of 4 for a weeks food? Let's see if I can manage it eh? :oD Wish me luck and good planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment