Friday 28 December 2012

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful time and staying safe and warm; and if you're in the UK, dry too! We seem to be inundated with rain lately, thankfully we're not in a flood risk area although I wouldn't like to put it to the test, just in case!

As much as I loved Christmas and seeing family etc, I'm sooo glad it's over, lol. It's good to get back to normality and get my New Years resolutions sorted and in order - one of which is to get this house sorted and in order! We had a decluttering session a while back but there's still so much I want to sort out and declutter some more (I daren't even look in the craft room!).

New Years Eve will be our last day of "decadence"; meaning that  we will have a Chinese take away to celebrate New Year. We're not too fussed about going out, everywhere is too expensive, I have a 13 year old daughter and it will probably be raining anyway! I would much prefer to snuggle up on the sofa, have our Chinese (so we can get the free scroll style calendar for 2013!!) and watch a film or tv then watch the countdown and fireworks on tv too.

1st January - The official start of our frugal year (except holidays - we had our first one this summer and if we plan it sensibly we shouldn't need to stop). I'm hoping to see the savings made increase and the debts decrease! I need to sit down though and make a thorough list of resolutions! I like lists lol, they mean I know what I'm doing, and with my memory, well, I need all the help I can get!!

Santa is on my naughty list at the moment coz he gave me a cold in my stocking and I could feel it getting worse and worse on Christmas Day and I'm still suffering with it now. I hope to be fit and well soon so I can get to the supermarket and do some frugal food shopping! I cross stitch for magazines so I'm hoping my productivity will increase once I'm better too. Did I tell you that I told my wonderful fiance about our personal "allowance" of £10 each month? He didn't seem to impressed but I'm sure when we're completely out of debt and living a happier, less worrisome life that he'll understand (I hope it will turn out that way lol).

Ooh I am introducing my MIL to the joys of recycling your old christmas cards and turning them into gift tags :o) I think she's going to give us her cards from this year and I'm gunna punch them out using a scalloped circle punch and hand them back to her for next christmas :o) we need never buy gift tags again! :oD awesome!! Although a bigger punch might be better...

I'm thinking of blogging a frugal tip every day next year... I have a good imagination so I think I should put it to use in order to help others be more frugal too :oD

Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment