Sunday 30 December 2012

Hurry Up 2013!!

I can't wait for the new year to begin so I can officially start for how I mean to go on. I've been looking at my finances again (makes me feel useful lol!) and it's quite depressing to see how much the outgoings have increased since September when I last did them. BUT I am determined it will all go well and I will succeed! i will NOT go spending to make myself feel better. I was going to allow myself £10 a month which would include bus fares, toiletries - toothpaste etc but I might even whack that down to £5 a month seeing as I get the Crochet and Quilting part works which are quite frankly too expensive but one thing which I want to see to the end otherwise it seems a bit silly to have bought so many already. Ok, just had a look and I believe there are 90 issues of the Quilting magazine (currently up to issue 47 ) and 120 of the crochet mag (currently upto issue: 8? ). Hmmm so quite a way to go with both. 43 left for Quilting and about 112 for the crochet mag which should finish in 2 years time! Yikes! Ummm I know I should really stop them, I really really know this but I won't and part of me feels quite bad about that.

One of my new years resolutions is to complete (at least) one of the magazines every month for both crochet and quilting and slowly build up the throws for each. Hmmm so if I do one each a month that would be £7 so maybe I should only give myself £3 a month? This would (in a round about way if you stretched it out until i finish the throws) make up the £10 allowance a month. Of course this would take 90 months for the quilting one and 120 months for the crochet one... And I would only be allowed to do one a month. Ummm that would take 10 years!!! Ok so maybe I will start off with £3 a month allowance anyway and see how it goes, an experiment within an experiment :o) with any luck I will surprise myself and go months without spending anything at all :oD that would be great!! My birthday is in March so I plan to ask for consumables such as a particular (yet expensive) deodorant, razors, Sensodyne toothpaste, Lush shampoo bars, feminine products etc which will mean I won't have to buy these during the year :oD I have an abundance of socks, don't take baths so have a huge bucket of bubble bath, too lazy to use body lotion so have bottles and tubs coming out of my ears! Yes, I will pass around my list to my nearest and dearest and watch as they fall about the floor laughing :o)

Well, it is 00:00 and in 24 hours time it will be next year and I can finally start properly and it's so exciting. I do have the feeling that my house in Sweden will have to wait even longer but hey, who knows, I might surprise myself! I might even do away with my mobile phone in 2 years when the contract ends!! Eeek!! That would save £7.50 a month. Maybe go onto pay as you go for £5 a month instead. Every little helps (as Tesco keep telling me). Ooh I went onto their website and put in "Tesco Value" into their search engine just to see what goodies they have and I was quite surprised I tell you! Lots of yummy different things which I hadn't seen before and will need to keep an eye out for :o)
I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE their current packaging :oD and their new bags. The style is right up my street :o) I'm hoping to get some uber bargains with their meat, fresh fruit, veg and bread tomorrow (well, later on today) as they're gunna be closed New Year's Day so hopefully they'll be trying to shift products with sell by the 1st Jan on them :oD I made Mike clean out the mini chest freezer in the garage hehe so fingers crossed I can fill it with super cheap produce to last me all month for the price of a week!! :oD

Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment