Sunday 6 January 2013

2nd Shop of the Year and Under Budget!! :oD

Yep, just did my second budget shop and came away with £1.97 out of a £25 budget :oD


Items I bought were:
Tin of hotdogs x2 - 55p each
Tin of baked beans - 28p
Tin of garden peas - 21p
Stuffing mix x2 - 15p each
Pork mince x2 - £4.39 each, 2 for £6 (saved £2.78!!)
Stewing beef - £2.02
Streaky bacon - £1.06
Beef mince - £2.34
BLT sandwiches x4 - 25p each (reduced from £2 each)
Breaded chicken, frozen - £1.15
Bread x5 - 23p and 20p each
Hula hoops (7 pack) x2 £1 each
Citrus fruits - £1.19 (reduced)
Mushrooms - 75p (reduced)
Apples - 82p
Small potatoes - 69p
Bananas - £1

Total = £23.03

I originally picked up the mushrooms and they were reduced to 89p which I thought was good... Then I went round to the normal fruit and veg isle and saw them in their usual spot reduced to 75p! Needless to say I swapped them over lol. Was hoping to get some meaty bargains but never mind. I've sorted out 4 peoples lunches, got loads of food in for the week and have stocked up the freezer with bread :oD I wanted to try out Frugal Queen's faggot recipe:

http://frugalincornwall.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/saving-time-and-money.html#comment-form

but they didn't have any pig livers so I shall have to seek them out elsewhere and try them then. Could make for an interesting meal and I shall call them pork balls instead so as not to have Ayse turn her nose up at such a weird name lol :-p

Now on to stitching! Sigh, a stitchers work is never done :-p altho I will have a 25p BLT first lol!

Hugs xx

Edit: Frugal Tip #6 - Don't forget to check produce at the supermarket, even if reduced they might be reduced further somewhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment