Sunday 20 January 2013

Mike's Pork Balls and Snow

Yeps it is Mike's turn to make the pork balls today (aka faggots). He's making them for stepson's work lunch as he loved them so much.

We had a wonderful time today playing in the beautiful snow. Mike, Ayse and myself had some fresh air, exercise, fun and got to try out our Sweden gear (snow boots etc) and realised where we had to improve - making sure there were no gaps between trouser legs and boots, jacket cuffs and gloves! We were rolling in the snow, throwing snowballs at a couple of metal posts trying to hi them, attempting to make snowmen, snowdogs and realising that a loaf of snowbread is pretty much our limit lol! We had a mini wander up the alley just because. It was brilliant :o) and most impressive of all? It was free!! :oD yep, we didn't have to spend a single penny on all that fun :oD

I had some leftover chicken noodle soup for lunch which was yummyyyy and Mike had some celery, cheese and toast. Ayse had a fried egg sarnie. So pretty much a cheap lunch too :o) I even thought that if I were living on my own, I reckon I could make a whole chicken last all week! That was a pretty cool thought lol!

Frugal Tip #20
Get out and play! Have fun where you can outside, get some free exercise and free fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment