Thursday 17 January 2013

Just a quick Post

Yes, just a quick post (or I intend it to be lol, but I am rather known to ramble some!).

I sent off my cross stitch today - YEY!!! Had to pay for special delivery which was £6 odd but I will get that back :o) I didn't go into town so I have spent zilch today :o) Mike on the other hand went to Tesco and picked up some reduced ready cut mango as I think he wants to make sorbet. In this weather I might ask for hot custard to go with it lol!! We're expecting snow tomorrow!! Yey I can try out my new snow boots before we go to Sweden haha! Mike has the day off work tomorrow so I'm dragging him into town so I can go to the bank and Primark to try and get some more thermal vests for me and Ayse.

Dinner tonight was made from me picking the rest of the meat of the chicken carcass and Mike made a korma using a jar we had in the cupboard. I think we worked out it cost less than £2 for the 3 of us :o) yey! We also had chicken sandwiches for lunch using some of the salad leaves I picked up the other day. Tomorrow we're gunna be slow cooking chicken soup!! Maybe break the carcass into two halves and do another batch on Saturday. It's only a 3 litre pot and I don't wanna be using the gas hob for that length of time. Mmmm I love the smell of chicken soup boiling down :oD YUM!

Well off to snuggle up in bed now (it's half 10pm) and watch an episode or two of The Colony season 2. Am loving this show. I think I need to learn mechanical engineering and stuff or befriend many people with skill sets needed in such a situation, just in case! They've made generators, windmills and all sorts! I'm very impressed with their ingenuity! Ok an a tad jealous lol :-p but if someone needs to communicate in another language or make the house look pretty with cross stitch then I'm your gal hehe :oD

Night, night and hugs xx

Oh! Frugal Tip #17 - Packaging
*Recycle old jiffy bags and padded envelopes that you receive in the post. use a piece of paper or even the back of a used envelope to write the address and then tape it on and tape it all up nice and secure using wide, clear tape. If you're in the UK you can usually get a pack of two from Poundland and 99p Stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment