Friday 4 January 2013

No Spend Day :o)

Yes indeedy I have spent £0 today :oD I haven't really done much else either though so... I have however done a lot of stitching which is always a good thing when you have a deadline creeping closer and closer! Just been looking on ebay for some ski mitts for our trip to Sweden and I'm hoping to borrow a pair too so that will mean only one pair to buy which will be awesome! Picked up some soil found on Freecycle today so I'm hoping I can put that on my potatoes - I saw some little green leaves poking out the top of the compost in there so I'm hoping that they're from the potatoes and not weeds :-s I wouldn't mind having some kind of composter to put our veggie peelings in so that might be worth a look into, although it would have to be quite a small contraption. I wanna grow some garlic and ginger too so I will do some searching around on Youtube once I've sent this stitching off and have some spare time again. I hope to one day have my own home with some land so I can plant oodles of veggies... I think I've said that before but I don't mind saying it again coz I really really want it!! Lol :o) One day...

Veggie garden at Ham House Estate. I have no idea where it is but doesn't it look awesome?!!


Frugal Tip #4 - Free Gift Tags

You need never buy gift tags again!! Just recycle your old birthday or christmas cards. I like to use a scalloped circle punch to punch out different parts of my old cards but you could use decorative scissors or even just plain scissors or a craft knife and ruler. You can either attatch these tags straight onto the gift with sellotape or punch a hole in the tag and use some string/wool/cotton and then tape this onto the gift. I know I've mentioned this before but I just felt it deserved it's own place amoungst my frugal tips :o)

Every bit of frugalness helps :o)

Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment