Wednesday 23 January 2013

Frugal Tip #23 & #24

Just in case I don't blog later or forget the tip I'm about to give, I thought I would do it now :o)

Frugal Tip #23 - Emails

Delete straight away any emails from shops and stores telling you about tempting, mouth watering sales. Don't even open them to have a look, coz if you're like me, you will be tempted to buy something which you probably don't even need. I have so much stuff which I don't need and have because I like to have them. So much craft stuff which again I don't need, don't even use but which I like to have them because they're nice, I'll use them at some point or it was cheap etc etc. I haven't even done any crafting for ages except for crochet and a bit of sewing the other day... Which I think I will bulk blog and give you tomorrows tip now...

Frugal Tip #24 - Repurposing Clothes

I have now had white girl dreads for 9 months and as such have difficulties finding hats that fit! Even men's hats are too small. So... I decided I would make one using as large a size reduced fleece nightshirt from Primark as I could find. It was £6 down to £3 and I sat and unpicked the seams which was very satisfying believe it or not lol. I then measured my head and worked out what size I wanted, cut it, sewed it and now I have a hat :o) I didn't stop there though... I also made myself some wrist warmers and Ayse says she would like a pair two. So, £3 for 3 items = £1 each plus fabric still left over for other projects. Not bad, not bad :o) I will take a photo at some point and aim to upload, also at some point in the hopefully not too distant future!

I am now gunna get dressed and snuggle up under the throws on the sofa with a nice cuppa tea and watch something nice on my laptop :o) - price? Free :o) I did think about going into town but that price - not free :o( so I'm just gunna chill at home, open up the curtains and keep an eye out for any falling snowflakes. Hehe I love the Swedish word for snowflakes - snöflingor - sounds like you're flinging snow around hehe :o)

Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment