Monday 14 January 2013

Aldi Shop


Not my local Aldi but a pic off the internet. Finally got to Aldi thanks to Mike and his car :o) Spent £33.16 so not quite on budget but we have stocked up which is good. I'm thinking I'll try and not spend much next week. I forgot to take pics of the food we bought, oops! But we got quite a bit of meat including frozen lamb chops, frozen chicken breasts, whole chicken, frozen mince. We stocked up on pesto as it's about half the price of Tesco's and we also bought a red pesto to try. Got looooads of veg so we had a veggie soup tonight with a tiger french stick. Got some left over which I will tub up and freeze, or have some for lunch tomorrow maybe. Need to find a yummy recipe for butternut squash. I've never had it before so it'll be fun to try it out :o)

Had a little snow falling this morning which was fun :o) I have trouble keeping my eyes off the beautiful falling snowflakes so it was probably a good job it didn't last long as I had to do some speedy stitching! I'm finally on the last piece - number 6 - and will wash, iron and send it off on Thursday to be received on Friday :o) yey! Then I can get sorting out around here and get some Swedish studied! Omg there were some beaautiful skies in Northern Sweden last night!!!

I can't wait to (hopefully) see them in person next month!!! It's going to be amazing if Mother Nature works her magic whilst we're there! :oD :oD :oD excited chica here!!! It's gunna be bloomin' cold but I don't care lol :o) It's going to be such a wonderful experience and we're even going dog sledding! Eeek!

Frugal Tip #14 - Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe

I never NEVER use a spag bol sauce from a jar and I love to pack my spag bol full of healthy veggies :o)

Ingredients (amounts and veggies can be varied to taste)
Onion
Mince
Mushrooms
Tinned tomatoes (I use 2 for about 5 portions)
Dried spaghetti
Beef OXO cubes (I use 2)
Bell pepper
Mixed herbs (or ones of your choosing)
Cheese
Optional salt and pepper to taste

Method:
I like to boil my mince in some shallow water (from kettle) then drain and place back into a saucepan and crumble the oxo cubes and stir add chopped or sliced onions, chopped or sliced pepper and mix. After a few minutes add chopped or sliced mushrooms and tinned tomatoes. Stir around, add some herbs and stir some more and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes whilst you cook your spaghetti per pack instructions.

When you feel the sauce is ready, place spaghetti on your plate, sauce on top and if desired, grate some cheese on top :o)

You might need to tweak it to your tastes but I find it makes a yummy wholesome meal and much better than a jar which I find too rich and saucy lol.

Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment