Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year 2013!



HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope 2013 is happy, safe and frugal for you all :o)

I shall start off today with:

Frugal Tip #1

A night out clubbing for free
I never pay to get into clubs so this will be free, check online or phone your local clubs for any cut off times.
If you want to be super frugal and go out for zero £ then drink tap water. I've never been charged and they sometimes even put ice in the glass too :o) If you want an alcoholic drink then limit yourself to one or two and see if they have a "happy hour" or any offers. Alternatively start the night off with a couple at home bought from your local supermarket. One of the main things to be frugal is to pay for your own drinks whilst you're out, and make sure your friends know that this is what you're going to do so that they won't include you when buying a round and then expect a drink bought back. This also helps you to drink at your own pace and drink less therefor paying less. If you drive and not bothered about drinking alcohol then you could also be the designated driver and ask your friends to buy you a soft drink or two. This will be probably be cheaper for them than paying for a taxi so they would be more than likely to accept that offer. Just make sure to sort out everything *before you go out* so everyone knows where they stand and what's happening re drinks, lifts etc.

Complete free night = only go to clubs with free entry, drink tap water all night, take some mints or chewing gum with you to freshen your mouth. Extra bonus - dancing is more fun than going to the gym and on a free night out it will be much cheaper too!

Now onto the bloggy part of today :o)
I took my daughter into town today as she wanted to spend some of her birthday and christmas money. I was very well behaved and bought us both a thermal vest for our holiday which I needed to buy. I did however forget to take a drink and some food with us so I bought 2 drinks for 89p for us and a multipack of crisps for 99p to stop the tummy rumbles. And I bought Ayse a 3 pack of hankies for £2.99 as she only has one. She likes to take them to school as if she runs out of tissues, she's kinda buggered whereas hankies dry and can be used over and over ( I wish I had have had some when I was at school!!). I'm also weaning us off of tissues although I know there will still be a place for them. Phlegm and hankies don't mix lol!!

Really disappointed last night; we bought our Chinese and they didn't do calendars this year!!! They said it was due to the recession so I guess I can forgive them :o) we bought a set meal for 2 plus some egg fried rice for little miss fussy and we still have loads left so will have that tomorrow for lunch or dinner :o) yum!

I made Mike hang back up the washing line today :-p it was lovely and sunny so I hope they've dried somewhat. They're currently back indoors on the clothes racks to finish drying. They were quite cold when they came in. Even if they didn't dry an iota, they would have aired so will smell better (sometimes they come out not smelling very nice - we use eco balls so aren't scented). I will leave judgement until the morning I think :o)

Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment