Friday 11 January 2013

Awol Yesterday

Sorry for being awol yesterday but I was too tired to blog... But I will make up for it with 2 frugal tips today :oD which I'll type up first so I don't forget to write later :-p

Frugal Tip #10 - Shopping, errands etc
*Try and do all your errands in one go, especially if you use a car or paid public transport for this
*Make a list and work out your route and order which will use the most petrol
*Stock up on non-perishable goods so you don't run out and need to make a special trip to replace
*If you start to run low, make sure to top up on your next shop before you run out so you can replace immediately

Frugal Tip #11 - Posting items
*If you need to post anything, cards, letters etc. Make sure to get to send them on time or early so as not to need to pay for first class stamps. It'll only save you a few pennies here and there but it will soon add up
*If you use a lot of stamps and Royal Mail raise their prices, stock up on stamps whilst they're still at the lower price

We opened up one of the posh custards we bought for 15p yesterday :oD It was very tasty!! Mike made a fruit cake in the bread maker and we poured some over a slice each. It was very rich and very filling! Weighed a tonne too! I had some more for breakkie today and after slathering it in custard, whacked it in the microwave for a couple of minutes :oD yum! Kept my belly happy for quite a while too :o)

Started on number 5 of 6 cross stitch pieces today - yippee!!! I need to send them off Thursday to be received Friday, so the deadline is getting closer and closer. I think it should be ok :oD Just need to stitch  like mad lol! We have about 35 days until we go to Sweden so I need to cram in some Swedish study too :-s eeek!! Am feeling very rusty and I would really like to hone my skills before we go... Altho I don't know how much I'd use it when actually there lol. I hardly said 2 words in Greek when we went last year! Oh well, it's fun to recognise words :oD and if someone doesn't actually know English, I can give Swedish a go instead :o)

Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment