Tuesday 22 January 2013

Final Spend?

Hello readers, how are you all doing? Are you coping ok with the snow if you live in the UK?
I think I have pretty much made my final spend for our trip to Sweden - yippeee! I bought our remaining thermal vests off ebay. All I wanna get is some hot chocolate sachets and coffee sachets to see us through our week there. Poundland here we come lol. Then I think we're done and dusted :o) woo hoo! I look forward to many no spend days in the future :oD

Dinner tonight was chilli with our Aldi mince and very tasty (and cheap) it was too :oD and it has fed 5 of us with fully bellies :o) awesome! And a few mince grains left in the freezer too.

Mike is really getting into the frugal mood too which is great! Makes life a lot easier when you're not trying to do it all yourself or battling with someone who's doing the complete opposite to yourself. He still fills up the sink to wash up and leaves it to "soak" all the time, but I'll get him sorted eventually :-p baby steps lol. One day he'll have as little water as possible with a tiny squirt of liquid and will wash it all up there and then lol. He mostly fills the kettle by mug so he's catching up with my frugal ways :o)

Frugal Tip #22 - Kettle filling
Fill your kettle only with how much you need. Use your mug to measure the amount you need. If you're on a water meter then you'll be charged less for not guessing the amount of water to use and it'll be quicker to boil so will also cost less in electricity too.

Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment