Thursday 24 January 2013

No Spend Day

I've been reading about "no spend days" and I seem to have quite a lot of them unless I go into town. I used to quite easily spend £50 a day on stuff that I didn't actually need, even though they were bargains, I didn't need them. That was when I decided enough was enough and to not go into town and shop as a hobby, an expensive one at that. I now only go if I need something and think twice about stuff I don't need. As soon as we're back from Sweden I will be counting how many spend days and no spend days I have each month and tell you how much I spend when I do hand over the well needed cash.

Had a somewhat lazy day today. I had planned on going into town to get the drink sachets - hot chocolate, coffee, from Poundland for Sweden but I was too tired and really couldn't be bothered. So, I stayed home and finished watching the first series of BBCs Survivors and then I watched Cast Away with Tom Hanks - I have seen it before but not for many years. It was good :o)

We had the two pork belly pieces in a sauce that I picked up for about £1.26 each a while ago. I definitely wouldn't have paid full price for them as they were tiny for the original cost! Although they were nice and it was nice to try them :o) they tasted like pork ribs you can get in a sauce but without the bones and sticky fingers lol. We had potatoes - boiled then swooshed around in butter and rosemary, carrots, courgette, sweet potato and parsnip. Whilst the big oven was on I also made an apple crumble. Our bellies are so stuffed though that we haven't had any yet! It'll be a yummy treat though for later on tonight if we start getting peckish :o) I reckon no more than £5 for the 3 of us including cooking fuel? Maybe a bit more, but definitely filling and definitely cheaper than eating out or having a takeaway :oD

Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment