Wednesday 16 January 2013

Woo Hoo!

Why the woo hoo? Because I've finished my cross stitch!! Woo hoo!!! The thread arrived in the post today so it is all completed :o) just gunna wash them tonight and hang them up in the airing cupboard so Mike can iron them for me in the morning all ready to be posted :oD I might naughtily go in to town and have a mooch in the charity shops again to see if I can find 1) a teapot, 2) pyrex dishes 3) a recipe tin. Altho I was thinking I might just use what I have and create something for my recipes. Perhaps some kind of junk journal...

Mike has just been sent on a secret errand for me :-p a Freecycler put up an offered ad for... wait for it... a Chinese take away 2013 calendar!!! Hehehe I've not told Mike what he's picking up (hence the "secret" errand) so I'm hoping he'll burst out laughing when he collects it :-p We still have out 2012 one hanging up and I'm wondering whether it would have stayed up all year if we hadn't found one?? Yep, most probably!

Bought a small whole chicken when we went to Aldi so we had that tonight with beetroot salad that I picked up yesterday and some rice flavoured with a couple of sachets that you get in dried noodle packs. It was yum! And there is still a bit of chicken on the bones so that will be picked off and I might use it in sandwiches or a curry. I don't know yet, depends on how much comes off. Then the best bit? Chicken soup made from the carcass! :oD Yummmmm!!!! Oooh I do love homemade chicken soup lol!! Smells so good during the day too. We cook it down in the slow cooker and the house smells so gooood!

Frugal Tip # 16
Boil your chicken carcass! Add a carrot and onion (no need to chop, just peel) and a stock cube or celery etc if desired (it's all down to personal preference and what you've got in the fridge) and let it do it's yumminess. Strain off then add some leftover cooked chicken and noodles at the end if you want too as well. Yummy yummy chicken broth soup :o) great when you're ill too.

Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment