Friday 25 January 2013

Another Day Without Money...

Well, it's only 10:42am so there's still time lol. But I'm not going anywhere, there's food in the cupboards, freezer and fridge so all is well with the world :o)

I'm meeting a friend next week in town and I'll grab the few bits I need to get and have a mooch for a teapot etc that I want, but only at a cheap price, I can wait for it, it's not essential.

Cook from frozen lamb chops tonight courtesy of Aldi. Might do mixed rice and veggies to go with it. Think I might crack open the butternut squash and see what that tastes like. Ooh and the salad leaves too... Mustn't forget them!

Had planned on having a Swedish day today
and do lots of studying and watching of Swedish media such as Wallander (without subs). I'm feeling somewhat lazy but I know I have to do it. Ok, so I don't actually *have* to do it but I want to be as good as I can be at Swedish once we're out there so I can make the most of the trip - through my eyes of course. I haven't eaten yet so I may watch something English whilst I eat - chomping makes too much noise and I can't concentrate very well lol so English is the way to go. Then I shall study and watch Swedish after... Yes, that sounds like a jolly good plan to me! :oD Only 3 weeks to go! Yippeee!!! A little scary but exciting too :o)

Found my toothpaste is 1/3 off in Tesco at the mo' so I'm hoping to find some and stock up! If I bought 10, for example, I would save £4.50 as the last one I bought from Superdrug was 45p more. I think I will only buy 5 though as I don't really want to spend £20 all in one go and on toothpaste lol! If my teeth weren't sensitive I would buy cheaper ones but I tried the whitening version of the same brand which is for sensitive teeth and it made my teeth sensitive again so I went back to the regular version and have refused to change again. I'm very naughty though and only brush my teeth once a day so it lasts twice as long as it *should* do. I went to the dentist last year, first time in about 6 or 7 years and she said I obviously look after my teeth really well so that makes me happy and I feel it's enough, at least for now anyway. She did tell me I needed to have my wisdom teeth removed but that's a whole other scary and fear provoking story! The idea of having a regular tooth removed fills me with dread, let alone this! I don't even know if I could do it... And the cost - £0 as it's on the NHS so it isn't even a matter of money. Sigh.

Anyway, a humble day at home, eating home cooked food, homemade entertainment and homemade love of my family. What more could I ask for today?

Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment