Monday 21 January 2013

Oops £30 Spent Today...

On a food processor from Tesco:
Reduced from £60 to £30 and seems to have quite a large volume area compared to the mini/compact ones I've seen at £15 which one review said was good for one person but not for a family or even a couple. So... I bit the bullet and ordered it. It will definitely get used as I hate cutting onions for starters - they make me cry and my eyes sting and they become very very painful (I now like to avoid crying where possible lol!). I can't wait to make coleslaw!! My arms and wrists kill when I grate carrot (due to dodgy muscles) so this should make my life sooo much easier! I've been looking on Freecycle and Gumtree for a while and haven't seen anything local so I decided it was time to spend some money. Sigh.

We're gunna have the salmon parcels (?) we got from Aldi last week, brown rice, the remaining bag of salad leaves and some carrots. For some reason I love having brown rice with salmon! Yummmm! Altho I am very naughty and add a large dollop of buttery substitute on top of the rice hehe. Tastyyyy!! I have taken a look at the salmon pieces and they are really small :o( so if we like them, I might try and make them myself next time. We have the pesto and now we'll soon have the processor I can bread crumb some bread really easily and coat some salmon myself :o) sorted!

Ooh did I tell you? We had them reduced lamb steaks yesterday - omg they were sooooo goooood!!! I love grilled lamb mmmmm! I'm pretty sure all 3 plates were clear at the end lol :-p Hmmm maybe a chilli tomorrow using the free flow mince we bought at Aldi last week... I think we have all the ingredients for it :o) maybe get a bag of tortilla chips for madam. She loved the taccos we had and we told her it was pretty much chilli without the rice in a big tortilla chip so I'm hoping we can get her to eat chilli again - altho I don't hold much hope on her eating the kidney beans but never mind lol. Mmmm chilli.... Can you tell I love food? :-p I doooo it's so nice and tasty and yummy! And even nicer and more tasty if you manage to make it on a budget hehe.

Hmmm...
Frugal Tip #21 - Inventory
Make a list of what ingredients you have, even if it's just in your freezer and if you're feeling a bit skint one week, try and make meals from what you already have. Use the internet to search for recipes and don't be afraid to be inventive with what you dish up next to each other. Taking inventory will also help when coming to write your shopping list and you won't end up buying stuff you already have and don't need, especially handy if you don't have the space to store it or if it's perishable.

No comments:

Post a Comment